Friday, May 25, 2007

From the Mailbag: A Note from Virgil Dominic

I would like to share this special email I received today from a person I have always admired in the broadcasting business, Virgil Dominic. Mr. Dominic was an important part of the WKYC family as host of the "TV 3 Eleventh Hour Report."

He would later leave us and become General Manager of WJW, among other positions he has held during a very long and highly successful career in local television.

Without him knowing, I always had a high ambition to work under Mr. Dominic at WJW - though I never got a chance before he retired. Therefore, his comments about the Director's Cut Blog are especially important to me as I continue to grow it:
----
Hi, Frank....

I just discovered your Directors Cut blog and enjoy it very much. You are a fine writer, your material well organized and easy to understand. I find your blog is an enjoyable and informative way for those of us who used to be in Cleveland television to keep up with new developments in the industry and at your station which I have always respected since I used to anchor there when I first came to Cleveland many years ago. My congratulations to you and best wishes for continued success.

Thank you,
Virgil Dominic