It's time for another "behind the scenes" look at what's happening inside the WKYC Digital Broadcast Center at 13th and Lakeside.
November sweeps are over and Channel 3 News at 11 pm delivers. Once again this month, WKYC was the most watched newscast at 11 pm in total households and adults 25-54 - the coveted money demos.
Channel 3 News at 11 pm was the only local newscast that saw growth at 11 pm between last November and this November. All other local newscast saw significant losses.
In addition, WKYC, ranked number 2 in all other newscast dayparts including mornings and Channel 3 News at 6 and 7 p.m. in adults 25-54.
Also during the month of November 2015, WKYC was involved in a successful station-wide project called "See The Possible: Jobs" that offers northeast Ohioans a look at where the jobs are in the area and good tips to getting the job you want. Be sure to watch all our newscasts for special reports and read our special section on our website HERE: http://www.wkyc.com/jobs
New hires and promotions since our last chat including the following:
- Denisha Thomas is the new producer of Channel 3 News at 6 pm starting in early December. Thomas comes to WKYC from WMC-TV/Memphis where she produced a strong #1 evening newscast for three years in the city where her family is from.
- David Hrvatin is joining the Marketing Department as a Multi-Platform Marketing Producer working on topical news promotion on a daily basis as well as exploring all kinds of promotional opportunities on every other platform we produce.
- Roselyn Muniz has been upped to fulltime Production Assistant and and producer for "Latino Cleveland"
- Stephanie Metzger has joined our digital team as a Digital Projects Producer. Stephanie's past stops include ESPN Cleveland, Indians Baseball Insider, The Morning Journal, and The News Herald.
- Amy Hansen has also been added as a Digital Projects Producer. Hansen's background includes The Huffington Post, The Boston Herald, The Beaver County Times and Ohio Public Radio.