News: More than Half the Homes in U.S. Have Three or More TVs
In addition, there continue to be more TVs per home than people - in 2009 the average U.S. home had only 2.5 people vs 2.86 television sets.
This year about 54% of homes in the U.S. had more than 3 or more television sets, 28% had 2 television sets and only 18% had 1 television set.
There are 114.5 million TV homes in the U.S. in 2009
- 38% of U.S. TV homes have digital cable.
- 88% have a DVD player, while VCR fell to 72%.
- 82% of homes have more than 1 television set.
- 11% of U.S. TV homes only have the capability to receive TV reception “over the air”.
- These homes have neither cable nor ADS.
Download the complete Nielsen report: CLICK HERE
Source: Nielsen & USA Today
Read more articles: Director's Cut Blog Main Page
Follow Frank on Twitter: frankmacekwkyc
Follow Frank on Facebook: facebook.com/frank.macek.wkyc