Tuesday, June 26, 2007

From the Mailbag: Sync Issues with Good Company

From: Bruce in Canton

Q: Frank, enjoy your blog. Even though I don't work in tv, I've always found the business interesting... My actual question was this: When the sound is out of sync like it was today (Monday) on Good Company, is this an issue happening at the station, or is it the fault of our cable company (Massillon Cable)? Just always wondered when this happens whose fault it is. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

A: Keeping audio and video in sync with HD is a bit challenging when are you still working in an analog AND digital world right now. I know in the past, we have had some issues with this - but not aware of any recently. Sometimes the cable companies will have their own sync issues in the chain from when they get the signal digitally from us and rebroadcast it on their analog systems. So, it's possible their calibration is off somewhat. But, I'll keep an eye out for this.