Friday, June 03, 2011

Behind The Scenes: Meredith Says Goodbye To NBC's "Today Show" on Wednesday

Meredith Vieira
Next week marks a major milestone for NBC's "Today Show". Co-host Meredith Vieira is stepping down when she hosts her final show on Wednesday, June 8th.

Saying good-bye as co-host of "Today" hasn't been easy. "I know my decision was the right one, but there are moments when it hits me, I'm going to be leaving," she says.

Leaving after five years of what she calls a whirlwind dream job. There are the countless interviews with celebrities and politicians and major global events like the royal wedding and olympics.

It is her co-workers Vieira says she will miss the most. "It's the people that make the show," she says.

Veteran "Today Show" member Ann Curry is trading the news desk for a chair next to Matt Lauer, as Natalie Morales takes Curry's spot.

Curry will still cover major news stories, but says she is also looking forward to showing viewers another side. "It's going to be fun," Curry says. "I've held myself back for 14 years, so I've got a lot of built up, not aggression, but fun."

Michelle Franzen looks back on Viera's tenure on "Today":