Monday, March 17, 2008

From the Mailbag: What Happened to the Director's Blog Chat?

From: Jim in Willoughby

Q: What happened to your Director's Cut Blog Chats?

A: They haven't gone away! I promise. I just had to scale them back a bit after some additional responsibilities came my way here at WKYC that have required my attention recently.

As part of the ever changing realm of television broadcasting, I've been also learning how to switch newscasts as the job of Director and Technical Director becomes interchangeable at WKYC.

This wasn't a reduction of staffing, but an opportunity to work in a situation where both the directors and the technical directors have not ventured before at WKYC...doing both jobs at once on some shows. It's an equal opportunity for both our directors and TD's to work closer together, easing the burden of having two people do as many shows each day.

For those of us who like other new challenges, the situation permits us more time to work on the web and other parts of WKYC's Information Center.

As far as the blog chats, I plan on having these at least once a month. The next one will be scheduled soon. Check the blog for date and time.

You can email your questions to me: fmacek@wkyc.com