WKYC News & Notes: 11/9/12
It's time for another "behind the scenes" look at what's happening inside the WKYC Digital Broadcast Center.
- The last week was an extremely busy one around WKYC as we brought you the best local coverage of "Decision 2012" anchored by WKYC's Russ Mitchell and Kris Pickel and our team of journalists spread out around Ohio. According to Nielsen, Channel 3's extended, evening coverage was the most watched in Cleveland, while NBC's network coverage anchored by Brian Williams was the highest rated on Election Night. NBC was also the first network to accurately call the race to the White House. For a photogallery of some of the behind the scenes pictures at WKYC on Election Night, go to: http://on.wkyc.com/UlHaTA
- Channel 3 was part of a special "See the Possible" push to help educate our viewers about the importance of Issue 107, the Cleveland school levy, on the November 6th ballot. Our viewers responded positively and passed the issue by a wide margin. Also, Channel 3 staff participated in this year's "Making a Difference" Day held on October 27th. A total of 748 volunteers donated 1,671 hours of their time that Saturday at 23 different locations across Northeast Ohio in an effort to make our community a better place. For more, visit http://bit.ly/Z1csPD
- As we told you a few weeks ago, John Anderson has returned to Channel 3 News after spending the last five years in Philadelphia at WTXF FOX 29 where he anchored various news and sports programming. John joined Lynna Lai on the anchor desk as of October 27th and is also handling weekend evening sports duties as well, including as host of "Browns Tonight." John and his wife Kristen was the first husband and wife morning anchor team in Cleveland when they first came to Channel 3 News in 2000.
- The holidays are fast upon us and Channel 3 and NBC are presenting a great selection of holiday programming this year including the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade," re-broadcast of "It's A Wonderful Life," an "SNL Christmas," "Michael Buble: Home for the Holidays" and "Blake Shelton's Not-So-Family Christmas." For a complete list of this year's programming, check out our holiday posting @ http://bit.ly/S6MGDv
- And, be looking for more exciting changes coming to Channel 3 early in 2013! We are working on a few projects that we will be sharing with you in the coming months.
Read more articles: Director's Cut Blog Main Page
Follow Frank on Twitter: @frankmacekwkyc
Follow Frank on Facebook: facebook.com/frank.macek.wkyc