WKYC News & Notes: 9/26/12
It's time for another "behind the scenes" look at what's happening inside the WKYC Digital Broadcast Center.
- This week, WKYC morning anchor Erin Kennedy traveled to New York City to represent Channel 3 News in "Education Nation." The third annual event is sponsored by NBC News and is being held at The New York Public Library. "Education Nation" is a summit where parents, educators, and students met with leaders in politics, business & technology to explore the challenges and opportunities in education today. Watch for Erin's reports all this week on Channel 3 News Today from 4:30 a.m. until 7 a.m. and during Channel 3 News at 6 p.m. For more information, visit www.educationnation.com
- Channel 3 will air the Browns vs. Ravens game on Thursday night at 8 p.m. on your "Official Home of the Cleveland Browns." Thursday's special programming schedule will include: Channel 3 News at 6, the Pregame Huddle at 6:30 p.m., NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams at 7 p.m., Channel 3 News at 7:30 p.m. and the game at 8 p.m. Kickoff is set for 8:20 p.m. from M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.
- WKYC will also air the U.S. Senate Debate between Democrat incumbent Sherrod Brown and his Republican Challenger Josh Mandel on Thursday, October 25, 2012, from 7 p.m. until 8 p.m. This particular debate will be held in Cincinnati and is being hosted by NBC. Other Senate debates between Brown and Mandel will be held at the City Club in Cleveland on October 15th and in Columbus, although a date for this debate hosted by WBNS-TV has not been finalized.
- Station employees of Channel 3 will be participating in a Gannett initiative on Saturday, October 27th, called "Make a Difference Day: A National Day of Doing Good" This year, our local staff will be volunteering time and services at some of the following locations around northeast Ohio: Akron/Canton Food Bank, various Boys and Girls Clubs, Coats for Kids, Cleveland Food Bank, and the Salvation Army of Greater Cleveland. Watch Channel 3 News for more on this important project in the coming weeks.
- And finally, congratulations to our parent company Gannett's President & CEO, Gracia Martore, on being named one of Fortune’s 50 "Most Powerful Woman in Business." Martore, who became CEO over a year ago, is giving Gannett a makeover and investing in digital and charging for online content.