Thursday, October 06, 2011

Director's Cut Alert: Gannett To Shutdown MomsLikeMe.com Websites

WKYC's parent company, Gannett, announced on Thursday that is has decided to end its company-wide website, MomsLikeMe.com, as of Friday, October 14th.

According to Gannett executives Bob Dickey, Dave Lougee and David Payne in a note to employees, the company has decided to end the project as it concentrates on other digital platforms.

On the MomsLikeMe.com Cleveland website, the following announcement was made by site manager Jacquie Chakirelis thanking participants of our local site.

"I am sadden by the news and want you to know that I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement that I have received from my colleagues and friends.

Mostly, I want you all to know that the support and friendship that has been developed within this community of local moms has been amazing! I am grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of it's launch and to help it grow.

As a mom of four children, I know that you have the hardest job in the world and to be in a position to support you has been a true honor for me and Ann. I also want to thank my awesome team of discussion leaders and event team members. Without their support, my job would have been inachievable.

As of this date, my last day at WKYC will be October 31st. After that day, I will be looking for a new place to land."

Gannett launched the website in 2008, and is now featured in 80 markets with 650,000 registered users.